1. Basic policy concerning protection of personal information
The Companies’ executive officers and all employees understand the importance of personal information obtained through their business activities and will seek to properly handle and safely manage the personal information while taking utmost preventative measures to protect it against or from unauthorized access, loss, or leakage.
2. Acquisition of personal information
The Companies will obtain your personal information by legitimate and fair means. Further, the Companies will not receive data that includes your personal information from a third party without confirming the legality of the data acquisition by the third party.
3. Use of personal information
The Companies will use your personal information for the purpose notified at the time of its acquisition and within the following purposes, only to the extent necessary to perform business activities. The Companies will not use your personal information for other purposes without obtaining your permission in advance.
- 1. The personal information you provide when applying through the hiring section of the Company websites will be used only for hiring purposes.
- 2. The personal information you provide when contacting the Companies will be used only to reply to your inquiry.
- 3. The Companies may publish videos, images, or other data recorded at a presentation, lecture, and such events on our representation materials and publication materials and on the websites managed by the Companies (hereinafter referred to as the “Company websites”) , social media, or other media for purposes such as introducing the Company businesses. The Companies may also use such recorded data for their research and development activities.
- 4. The Companies may use the personal information collected from publicly disclosed information for their research and development activities.
- 5. The Companies may use the personal information including pictures which the Companies collect on joint development projects with partners for their research and development activities. The Companies maintain and use the personal information which is provided by joint development partners on contracts in accordance with the contract terms.
4. Provision of personal data to third parties
The Companies will not provide your personal data possessed by the Companies to a third party without your consent except in those cases set forth in the following:
- 1.cases based on laws and regulations
- 2.cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain your consent
- 3.cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain your consent
- 4.cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining your consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs
5. Shared use of personal data
The Companies will share and use personal data they possess reciprocally.
- 1.The type of personal data that will jointly be used: The personal information you provide when submitting an application form via the hiring page.
- 2.Parties who will jointly use your personal data: The Company and its subsidiaries
- 3.Purpose of use: For hiring activities of the Companies
- 4.Parties who hold responsibility to manage your shared personal data: The Company
6. Management of personal information
The Companies will safely keep your personal information collected by the Companies or received from an entrusting party under strict control. The Companies will designate a handler for each data that contains personal information and properly manage it under the chief privacy officer of the Company.
7. Implementation of safety measures
With regard to measures to protect your personal information, the Companies will provide training regarding privacy protection to all their employees, require security software to be installed on all PCs used for their businesses, draw up PC security guidelines and regularly check the state of compliance with the guidelines for safe management of your personal information.
8. Outsourcing of personal information
Should processing of personal information be outsourced to a contractor, the Companies will provide the information under a proper agreement of privacy protection and ensure that the work is performed under strict control and surveillance by the Company.
9. Privacy protection laws and regulations
The Companies will comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other codes relevant to privacy protection.
10. Handling of personal information on the Company websites
- 1.Use of Cookie*3, Web beacon*4, and IP address*5
- a.To identify the cause of an incident or problem that occurs on a server and solve it.
- b.To improve contents of websites, emails, and others
- c.To customize contents of websites, emails, and others for individual users
- d.To use the information for statistics in a way that cannot identify an individual
- 2.Use of Google Analytics
- 3.Use of external services
11. Review and Improvement
The Companies will continuously review and improve the management of the personal information as set forth in the foregoing clauses.
Please contact us by this contact form for a request of the disclosure or deletion of your personal data possessed by the Companies or any other inquiries on such data.
- *1: Our ”subsidiary” is Preferred Networks America, Inc. (as of March 1, 2019)
- *3: Cookies are identification information sent from a server and stored in your browser for efficient website operation.
- *4: Web Beacons are used in combination with Cookies to obtain statistics about access to certain Web pages.
- *5: An IP address is an identifying number for a computer connected to a server (The user of the computer cannot be identified)